Mon, 16 Oct|
5 x 105 min Zoom sessions
Connecting with Teens and Tweens
A 5 evening online course designed to navigate parenting trough the teenage season
Time & Location
16 Oct 2023, 7:15 pm – 9:00 pm
5 x 105 min Zoom sessions
About the event
The adolescent mental-health crisis doesn’t end when all teenagers feel good. It ends when teenagers have the support they deserve and are able to cope effectively with the distress that they will invariably face. Lisa Damour
If you struggle when:
- your teen or tween slams the doors, screams, or cries and it's hard to figure out why
- whatever you say is met with silence
- your teen or tween is struggling with their emotions
- you are trying to support your child but nothing seems to be working
- you feel like you are being blamed, criticised or attacked regardless of what you say or do
Or if you want to understand what your teenager is going through, and get the tools to connect with them along the way...
Then join Anna for this online course. It’s designed for anyone who lives, works or plays with children in their teenage years - parents, grandparents, teachers, caregivers.
You'll be gently guided to:
- understand why your teenager acts the way they do
- get to know how the brain changes in this stage of life
- listen to different the ways your teenager communicates
- support your teen in expressing what is goig on for them
- learn how to support teenagers when they experience intense feelings
- work through your own feelings about all the teenage messiness
- take an active part
- share your own experiences
- play with ideas and strategies, in a group setting
- walk away with insights, tools and ideas to try at home
- feel recharged: knowing all care-givers struggle with difficult emotions
We meet fortnightly online on Mondays: October 16th, 30th, November 13th, 27th and December 11th
Anna Banas is a mum, parenting consultant, lecturer and researcher.
For over a decade, Anna has consulted and coached parents, teachers and care-givers in workshops, courses and private sessions. Her work as a researcher and lecturer in Early Childhood Education and child development underpins all her trainings. Her unique skill is to combine the science of child development, with Nonviolent Communication skills and coaching experience - to create practical approaches any caregiver can use. She hopes to share the tools, the insights and the support you need, to be the parent you want to be.
Previous attendees say:
"The course was completely practical. I went away able to make tangible changes in how I interact with my children in everyday challenging situations. Ania beautifully brings the material to life. She challenges you to practice using the tools in a safe environment so you can go home and really use them with your family." Sasha, Wellington
If you still have questions:
Deposit today, pay later:
To reserve your spot, pay $100 deposit. That's all you need to do today.
After you've completed all 5 evenings, you'll be sent an reminder to pay the remaining amount.
Choose and pay the remaining amount on a sliding scale from $120 to $280 - based on the value you received from the course.
Pay your deposit now$100.00