Sun, 19 Nov|
Vogelmorn Bowling Club - Upper Space
How to move through all the feelings?
A half day workshop designed to help you move through everyone’s big, loud or inconvenient emotions.
Time & Location
19 Nov 2023, 9:15 am – 12:15 pm
Vogelmorn Bowling Club - Upper Space, 93 Mornington Road, Brooklyn, Wellington 6021, New Zealand
About the event
If you struggle when:
- your child seems to be stuck in a feeling for a while
- your child gets upset easily and it's hard to help them out of it
- your child is overwhelmed by sadness, fear or anger
- your child’s emotions trigger you
- you’re unsure when an emotion is healthy
Then join Anna for this practical, hands-on workshop. It’s designed for anyone who lives, works or plays with children - parents, grandparents, teachers, caregivers.
You'll be gently guided to:
- support your child through feelings, so they don't get stuck in them
- use playful ways of releasing tension, anger, irritation
- understand children’s feelings, as well as your own
- learn how to support children when they experience intense emotions
- understand these feelings from your child's perspective
- help children find ways to express their emotions safely
- learn when and how to use "feelings cards", toys and other objects
- take an active part
- share your own experiences
- play with ideas and strategies, in a group setting
- play, experiment, perhaps throw or kick things :)
- walk away with insights, tools and ideas to try at home
- feel recharged: knowing all care-givers struggle with difficult emotions
Anna Banas is a mum, parenting consultant, lecturer and researcher.
For over a decade, Anna has consulted and coached parents, teachers and care-givers in workshops, courses and private sessions.Her work as a researcher and lecturer in Early Childhood Education and child development underpins all her trainings. Her unique skill is to combine the science of child development, with Nonviolent Communication skills and coaching experience - to create practical approaches any caregiver can use. She hopes to share the tools, the insights and the support you need, to be the parent you want to be.
Previous attendees say:
"The course was completely practical. I went away able to make tangible changes in how I interact with my children in everyday challenging situations. Ania beautifully brings the material to life. She challenges you to practice using the tools in a safe environment so you can go home and really use them with your family." Sasha, Wellington
- Ticket type
You do not need to bring this ticket with you :)Price$79.00
+$1.98 service fee+$1.98 service fee