Thu, 07 Sept|
5 x 90min Zoom sessions
Parenting through anger
A 5 evening online course designed to understand and navigate anger in parenting - your own and your child's
Time & Location
07 Sept 2023, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
5 x 90min Zoom sessions
About the event
"At the core of all anger s a need that is not being fulfilled" (Marshall B. Rosenberg)
If you struggle when:
- you get annoyed a lot but you can't figure out why
- your child gets so angry that it is hard to know what to do
- you get angry and don't know how to hold that anger and parent at the same time
- you have no idea where your child's anger is coming from
Join Anna for this practical online course to explore how to parent through anger - your child's as well as your own.
You will be gently guided to:
- understand where anger comes from and how to navigate it at its roots
- learn to recognize signals from the body before it's too late
- discover what triggers you and how to manage those triggers
- learn to support your child through anger in a productive way
- use Nonviolent Communication (NVC) to understand and express feelings
- take an active part
- share your own experiences
- play with ideas and strategies, in a group setting
- walk away with insights, tools and ideas to try at home
- feel recharged knowing we all struggle with anger, and it does not have to be that way
Sessions start on September 7th, but please note we do not meet on September 28th.
Recognizing our own anger and what triggers it & working towards understanding our patterns.
Exploring the language of needs.
Neuroscience of anger & managing our own reactivity.
Recognizing thinking that fuels anger.
Increasing our own feelings & needs vocabulary.
Supporting children in processing anger and frustration.
Listening to big emotions in our children and increasing their feelings & needs vocabulary.
The power of repair - holding restorative dialogues
Anna Banas is a mum, parenting consultant, lecturer and researcher.
For over a decade, Anna has consulted and coached parents, teachers and care-givers in workshops, courses and private sessions.Her work as a researcher and lecturer in Early Childhood Education and child development underpins all her trainings. Her unique skill is to combine the science of child development, with Nonviolent Communication skills and coaching experience - to create practical approaches any caregiver can use. She hopes to share the tools, the insights and the support you need, to be the parent you want to be.
Previous attendees say:
"Anna's work and coaching has been so transformative for me, giving me new ways to learn about myself and my child's behaviour, and empowering me to make such positive changes in our lives. I've still got plenty of work to do on this path, but I feel like I have a clearer view of the needs I value most in our family and healthy ways to get them met. I have so much gratitude for Anna!"
Deposit today, pay later:
To reserve your spot, pay $100 deposit. That's all you need to do today.
After you've completed all 5 evenings, you'll be sent an reminder to pay the remaining amount.
Choose and pay the remaining amount on a sliding scale from $90 to $250 - based on the value you received from the course.
Pay your deposit now
To reserve your spot on the course, you pay $100 deposit. That's all you need to do today.$100.00+$2.50 service fee