Mon, 15 May|
4 x 90 min Zoom sessions
When children fight
A four evening online course to help children move out of conflict and into connection.
Time & Location
15 May 2023, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
4 x 90 min Zoom sessions
About the event
Conflicts are a part of life. Maybe even more so, when we are children.
If you struggle when:
- you witness conflicts between children, but don’t know how to support them
- you have to act as the ‘conflict police’ or are expected to be judge or jury during times of conflict
- you see a child’s only way out of conflict is to ‘win’ rather than discovering ways where everyone wins
Then join Anna for this four evening online course. It’s designed for anyone who lives, works or plays with children - parents, grandparents, teachers, caregivers.
You'll be gently guided to:
- understand why we often see conflict as scary
- discover skills to help you move through conflict
- trust yourself when conflict arises
- connect with the possible underlying reasons hiding in fights for toys, cups, slices of cake
- help children - siblings, friends, classmates - in being able to hear each other during conflict
- move away from ‘me-or-you’ outcomes and into ways where all needs are met
- support children finding creativity and fun to create their own solutions
- take an active part
- share your own experiences
- practice using real-life examples and scenarios
- play with ideas and strategies, in an online group setting
- have fun throughout your discoveries
- walk away with insights, tools and ideas to try at home
- feel recharged: knowing all care-givers struggle with conflict
Anna Banas is a mum, parenting consultant, lecturer and researcher.
For over a decade, Anna has consulted and coached parents, teachers and care-givers in workshops, courses and private sessions.
Her work as a researcher and lecturer in Early Childhood Education and child development underpins all her trainings. Her unique skill is to combine the science of child development, with Nonviolent Communication skills and coaching experience - to create practical approaches any caregiver can use.
She hopes to share the tools, the insights and the support you need, to be the parent you want to be.
Previous attendees say:
"The course was completely practical. I went away able to make tangible changes in how I interact with my children in everyday challenging situations. Ania beautifully brings the material to life. She challenges you to practice using the tools in a safe environment so you can go home and really use them with your family." Sasha, Wellington
Deposit today, pay later:
To reserve your spot, pay $100 deposit. That's all you need to do today.
After you've completed all 4 evenings, you'll be sent an reminder to pay the remaining amount.
You pay the remaining amount on a sliding scale from $60 to $280 - based on the value you received from the course.
If you still have questions:
- Ticket type
Pay your deposit now
To reserve your spot on the course, you pay $100 deposit. That's all you need to do today.Price$100.00